- Download Firefox web browser
Firefox is a popular web browser. We will use its built-in developer tools to run and debug programs within the browser. Visual Studio Code is a widely-used professional source code editor.
Test Run First Exercise
- Load test page
- Press F12 to access the developer tools
Switch to Console panel
you should see a list size and some timing info, may need to reload by pressing Ctrl+R
Download & Run from Your Machine
- Create a folder in your desktop
you can download and keep your code anywhere you want
- Download first exercise code to your folder
- Drag-drop demo.html from code folder to browser window
If necessary, press F12 and reload from Console panel
- Run Notepad, open the file sortcomp.js
launch quickly via +R, type: notepad Enter
- Change the list size
Find the line, change value of size and save
Reload page to see new run timing (assuming demo.html is already loaded and console panel is active)
Notepad is ok for a quick edit but isn't really suitable for serious coding. Use a proper programming environment like Visual Studio Code instead.
What next? Start on the first assignment ...